- What does a cover do?
- What does it mean to cover the spread?
- What does it mean to cover someone?
- What does it mean to cover yourself?
- Can you cover me meaning?
- What does cover your back mean?
- What is another word for cover?
- What cover me means?
- What is the meaning of cowardly?
- What do we say cover in English?
What does a cover do?
In popular music, a cover version, remake, cover song, revival, or simply cover, is a new performance or recording by someone other than the original artist or composer of a song..
What does it mean to cover the spread?
The Point Spread: When betting on basketball, the team you bet on must “cover the spread.” This means the team must win or not lose by a predetermined margin of points.
What does it mean to cover someone?
(cover for someone) to do someone’s work while they are away or ill. I’m just covering for Mrs Tyler, so please bear with me. Synonyms and related words.
What does it mean to cover yourself?
to take action to protect yourself against criticism, blame, or legal problems. They put a warning on the packaging just to cover themselves. Synonyms and related words. + To defend or protect yourself.
Can you cover me meaning?
1. to make excuses for someone; to conceal someone’s errors. If I miss class, please cover for me. If you’re late, I’ll cover for you.
What does cover your back mean?
If you cover your back or cover your rear, you do something in order to protect yourself, for example against criticism or against accusations of doing something wrong.
What is another word for cover?
What is another word for cover?coveringtopcaplidhoodroofsealstoppercanopyplug12 more rows
What cover me means?
provide COVERING FIRE“cover me” means to provide COVERING FIRE. … A suppressed enemy is forced down into cover, thus allowing the person calling for covering fire, to move to a new fighting position.
What is the meaning of cowardly?
1. Cowardly, timid, timorous refer to a lack of courage or self-confidence. Cowardly means weakly or basely fearful in the presence of danger: The cowardly wretch deserted his comrades in battle.
What do we say cover in English?
cover verb (PLACE OVER) to put or spread something over something, or to lie on the surface of something: The light was so bright that I had to cover my eyes. Snow covered the hillsides.